- collected at remote or inaccessible points and transmitted to receiving equipment for monitoring.
- Although the term commonly refers to
- data transfer mechanisms (e.g. using
- , hypersonic or
- systems), it also encompasses data transferred over other media such as a telephone or computer network, optical link or other wired communications like phase line carriers. Many modern telemetry systems take advantage of the low cost and ubiquity of
- networks by using
- to receive and transmit telemetry data.