- a tough break; bad incident
- At stake means at risk;말뚝
- a lot riding on this;at lot of risks
- back to square one,back to the drawing board; back to the beginning
- behind the scenes;What happens in secret or not in front of the general public
- by the book; do it like the procedure.
To do things by the book means to do things according to company policy or law. It means to follow the rules 100%.
- Fly at 30,000 ft.; cover a lot of area
- To call it a day means to decide to stop working for the day
- corner a market;large percentage of market share.
- cut corners; crossing sb property; take shortcut
- get/have foot in the door
; To get or have your foot in the door means to take a low-level position with a company with the goal of eventually getting a better position with the same company in the future.